Media Industry Analyst
An exciting opportunity to join the DPP team
Media Industry Analyst
Contract details: 24-month contract (negotiable)
The DPP is the world’s leading media industry association.
It has quickly established a reputation as an international business network for the whole media supply chain. It has a unique ability to bring customers and suppliers together to increase understanding, drive change and create business opportunities.
The DPP is now offering an opportunity for someone with highly developed research and analytical skills and strong media industry knowledge to join our expanding team.
You will work directly with the CEO and CTO to shape our business insight work. This will bring you into daily contact with senior leaders from an unparalleled range of media companies - from major international broadcasters and global technology giants, to a huge range of vendors, starts ups and production companies. You will gain a privileged understanding of how the media industry works, where it is going, and what it needs.
About the job
The Media Industry Analyst is:
- the principal researcher and analyst for the DPP
- the person who provides the context and analysis behind our insight reports
- responsible for researching a wide range of business and technical topics associated with the media industry supply chain.
- responsible for providing analysis of global media markets
- an adviser to the CEO and CTO on identifying key industry trends
- the person who will enable us to take ourthat analysis to the next level
The role also:
- works as part of the wider DPP team
- helps the production of our events, when required
- may be required to research potential sales and membership opportunities from time to time
- inputs into DPP business strategy when required
About The DPP
The DPP is a young, energetic company based in London, but operating internationally.
It has risen rapidly to be the industry’s most respected association because of the quality of its insight and the engagements it facilitates between the world’s leading content companies and their suppliers.
We are a team that cares passionately about our values of openness, diversity, inclusion and sustainability.
We are known for being responsive, solution focused, business aware and relevant. Our communications are always clear and easy to understand.
You can kind find out more about who we are, what we do, and what we care about, and the rest of the team here.
The kind of person we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who is self-starting and tenacious, and who gets excited by exploring the business and technical trends and challenges in the global media industry. We need you to be able to gather, assimilate and synthesise information rapidly and then communicate it clearly and concisely.
We want someone with a curious mind, who loves exploring and formulating big ideas. But we also want that person to have a sense of fun, be self critical, and be an active part of our team.
This is a key role in a small but fast-growing organisation. It would suit someone with research and journalistic skills who is entrepreneurial by nature and excited by the opportunity to work closely with the leaders of a young, ambitious company to help it continue to grow.
Skills and experience
To be successful you’re going to need:
- Strong research skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to assimilate a large volume of data into key themes and trends
- Strong motivation in learning about the media industry
- Interpersonal skills: tact, patience and excellent listening skills
- An ability to problem solve
- A broad understanding of how media gets created and distributed, and knowledge of some of the best known companies
- Strong communication skills
- Good writing skills
- The self-discipline needed to produce good work to a deadline
- Confidence with using online tools
You might also be interested to know
Although we have office space in central London, our team live all over the country. So we are all able to work remotely, but we come into the London office for at least two days a week.
We are very transparent - so as a member of the DPP team you will get to see how the business is performing on a weekly basis.
We are constantly discussing, as a team, how we can do better. That means we encourage opinions from everyone in the team about everything we do.
We are very productive - we generate a lot of outputs and activity - so people who are very output focused enjoy working for us.
If you’re interested in this role, we’d like to hear from you. Get in touch with Kelvin to apply, or just to ask questions and find out if it’s the right role for you.