Standardised metadata has long been considered the panacea for news production and operations. It promises easier search and discovery, clarity around rights information and increases collaboration. So on 6th February 2019 the DPP News Exchange working group held the Metadata for News Innovation Day featuring presentations from a range of guests including: –
- Brendan Quinn, Managing Director, IPTC
- Abdul Hakim, Programme Delivery Manager, DPP
- Rachel Baldwin, Programme Manager, BBC
- Arne Bervan, CEO, Wolftech Broadcast Solutions
- Tom Crocker, Consultant Architect, Sony
- Steve Gibson, Senior Manager, Ooyala
- Nick Cohen, Global Head of Video Products, Reuters
- Ian McLaren, Technical Directory, Reuters
At this event we showcased how we’ve been working with DPP Members to help implement standardised metadata. The highlight of the day included a demonstration of an end to end news production workflow showing the implementation of DPP Metadata Exchange for News. The latest solutions from leading innovators in the industry were used to demonstrate how metadata generated in newsroom planning systems from Wolftech Broadcast Solutions can be transferred to Sony XDCAM air cameras, and from cameras ingested into the Ooyala Flex Media Platform, then delivered to the Reuters Connect publishing system.
A recording of the sessions is provided below for those who were unable attend.
Welcome and Introduction to IPTC standards for News and Media production
Implementing DPP Metadata Exchange for News
Implementing Metadata by Wolftech and Sony
Implementing Metadata by Ooyala
Metadata in Reuters Connect
Overview of Demo workflow
Visit this page again soon to view the other sessions!