DPP Test Lab
Testing against DPP specifications in the DPP Test Lab enables you, and your customers, to have confidence in the interoperability of your products.
The DPP offers testing and certification of products that are designed to work with our technical specifications. Our members have access to the DPP Test Lab, enabling them to gain help and support with their product development, and to validate and certify the results.
The lab is run by our test lab manager, who:
- is actively involved in the development of specifications
- develops test plans for each specification and product group, together with industry experts
- offers guidance to members during product development with feedback and advice
- reviews and updates the test plans and guidance based on your implementation insight
We currently test products for IMF for Broadcast & Online, and AS-11.
IMF for Broadcast & Online
Our DPP Certified Programme for IMF for Broadcast & Online provides testing of products that support the SMPTE TSP 2121 family of specifications.
- TSP 2121-1 (ProRes, Phase 1) – we are accepting products for testing and certification
- TSP 2121-4 (JPEG2000) – we are running an early developer scheme
Products that pass our rigorous tests can gain DPP Certified status.
The DPP Test Lab tests products that support the full range of AMWA AS-11 specifications, including the North American, Nordic and Australian and New Zealand versions. We work closely with the Advanced Media Workflow Association (AMWA), who provide certification of compliance for the family of AS-11 specifications.
Accessing the Test Lab
If you’re a DPP member you can access the DPP Test Lab for free. Contact our Test Lab Manager for more information about testing and certification.
Ulrich du Bosque
Compliance Test Lab Manager
While the DPP openly acknowledges manufacturers and suppliers that participate in the Test and Certification Programmes, this does not constitute either an endorsement by the DPP or confirm that products and/or services are compliant. Manufacturers and suppliers that are part of these programmes are committed to developing compliant products and workflows as an interoperable community. Please refer to the DPP Certification Programme Terms & Conditions and the DPP’s membership Terms and Conditions for further information.