The media industry in the UK was transformed on 1st October 2014, when every UK broadcaster made the switch to the AS-11 UK DPP file format for programme delivery.
Since then, our work has expanded to new territories and new formats, but with the same basic aim: Delivering a simpler, more effective global content supply chain; by enabling interoperability in order to simplify workflows and reduce cost.
The current delivery specifications and work streams are:
- Programme Delivery in HD and SD AS-11 UK DPP
- DPP/NABA Programme Delivery in HD: AS-11 X9
- Programme Delivery in UHD: AS-11 X1
- DPP/NABA Programme Delivery in UHD
- UK Broadcaster Delivery Requirements
- Commercials, Promos, Sponsorship and Presentation Events
- Live IP Contribution and Distribution
DPP Test Lab
The DPP Test Lab offers a testing programme for products and services, designed to support our specifications. This allows your customers to choose products with confidence, knowing they’ll be truly interoperable. You can find out more about the programme here.
A monthly working group maintains a discussion about the implementation of these delivery specifications and related issues which shape future DPP work. DPP members can join the group by contacting Gill Reston.